These Special Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”), together with the General Terms and
Conditions, constitute a legally binding agreement between you and MYLEX GLOBAL LTD, a corporation
registered in England and Wales under company number 10519624 with registered office at MyLex Global Ltd,
Third Floor 24 Chiswell Street, London, England, EC1Y 4YX (“MyLEX”, “us” or
“we”), governing your access to and use of the MyLEX website, including any subdomains
thereof, and any mobile, tablet or other smart device applications (the “Website”).
/ 1. Definitions
In these Conditions, the following capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
“Adviser” means an individual or firm that has registered an Adviser’s
Account with MyLEX;
“Query” means a request for Services posted by a User on the Website;
“Services” means the provision of legal, consultancy and other related advice in
response to specific questions posted by Users on the Website;
“Transaction” means the agreement entered into between an Adviser and a User for
the Adviser’s advice in respect of a Query; and
“User” means a user of the Website who wishes to procure Services from an
- applicability of the general terms and conditions
These Conditions are in addition to and supplement our General Terms and Conditions, which shall also apply
to your use of the Website and your relationship with MyLEX.
/ 2. Account registration
- In order to provide Services to Users through the Website, you must register an account with MyLEX (“Adviser’s
Account”). Applications for an Adviser’s Account may be made at lexsnap.com and MyLEX reserves the right to
reject applications in its complete discretion, with no obligation to provide reasons for any such
- You may apply for registration of an Adviser’s Account for an individual or a firm. In the event
of an application for a firm, the person making such application represents that it has the authority to
act for such firm and that the firm will be legally bound to comply with these Conditions.
- An Adviser’s Account is non-transferable and you may not register more than one Adviser’s
Account in respect of the same person or firm.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Adviser’s Account
log-in details and may not disclose such details to any third party. You must promptly notify MyLEX if
you know or have any reason to suspect that your credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or
otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorised use of your Adviser’s
- MyLEX reserves the right to close or restrict usage of Adviser’s Accounts from time to time in its
complete discretion and without the need to provide reasons.
/ 3. Website Queries from users
- The Website will display Queries submitted by Users, which will also be sent to the email address
registered with your Adviser’s Account. During the course of the next working day after a new
Query is listed on the Website and sent to your email address you may contact the relevant User through
the Website with a fee quote for responding to the Query (your “Charges”).
You are not obliged to quote for any minimum number of Queries.
- Your Charge quote should include: (a) a fixed-price quote for producing a written response to the
Query; and (b) a quote for a follow-up phone call with the User, at a fixed price per 10 minute
increment, with the first 10 minutes being free.
- If your Charges are accepted by the User then you will enter into a Transaction with the User. You shall
submit a substantive written response to the Query through the Website within two working days following
acceptance of your Charges and, if requested by the User, arrange a follow-up phone call to discuss your
- Charges will be collected from Users on your behalf by MyLEX in accordance with its General Terms and
Conditions and paid to you within 10 working days after deduction of MyLEX’s Website Commission in
accordance with Condition 7 below.
- Through your Adviser’s Account you will be able to access certain resources provided by MyLEX,
free of charge, including a set of standard legal questions and suggested responses (“MyLEX
Resources”). You agree and acknowledge that: (a) you will not use MyLEX
Resources for any purpose other than the provision of Services; (b) you will not share, distribute,
send or otherwise disclose the MyLEX Resources to anyone who is not a current User, and only in the
context of providing Services; (c) the MyLEX Resources and all intellectual property in them remain
the property of MyLEX.
- By registering an Adviser’s Account and making use of the Website you acknowledge and agree that
your counterparty for Transactions will be the User, not MyLEX, and we accept no liability whatsoever in
respect of a Transaction.
/ 4. External arrangements with users
- We have a financial arrangement with a number of law firms and lawyers where we will introduce family law clients to them and they pay us 5% of billed and paid profit costs for that matter. The law firms and lawyers will provide legal services to you, subject to a merits assessment of your case. Under no circumstances will you be asked to reimburse the law firms and lawyers for any of their payments to us.
- The law firms and lawyers are completely independent of MyLEX and will always act in your best interests. Our arrangement with the law firms and lawyers does not affect the advice they give you, which will always be impartial and confidential.
/ 5. Marketing
- Your Adviser’s Account profile on the Website will be visible to Users, and you will have the
opportunity to post certain information about yourself and your areas of speciality, including through
written details, photographs and a short video (of no more than 2 minutes in length). MyLEX retains the
right to make visible to Users all or part of the information about yourself and your areas of
speciality from time to time, unless you have terminated your Adviser’s Account.
- MyLEX will be responsible for developing and implementing the Website’s marketing plan (including
social media and public relations), which will aim to promote the Website, the Services and all of the
/ 6. MyLex’s commission
- You will pay us a commission of 20% of the Charges paid to you by Users for Services requested and performed through the Website (our “Website Commission”).
- We will deduct our Website Commission from the total amounts paid in respect of Services by Users through the Website before paying your Charges to you.
/ 7. Adviser compliance with law
- You hereby acknowledge that:
- the provision of legal services in the United Kingdom is an activity regulated by law,
and legal advice may only be provided by a person who is qualified to do so; and
- persons providing legal advice are subject to various regulations and codes of
all such laws, regulations, rules and codes of conduct together, “Legal Services
- You hereby warrant and represent to us that by:
- accessing and using the Website;
- entering into Transactions or External Arrangements with Users; and
- responding to Queries and providing Services to Users,
((a), (b) and (c) together being “Adviser Activities”) you will be
acting in compliance with all applicable laws, including Legal Services Regulations.
- You hereby covenant with us that you will comply will all applicable laws, including Legal Services
Regulations, when engaging in Adviser Activities.
- You shall notify MyLEX in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any matter which constitutes (or may,
with the passing of time, constitute) either: (a) the inaccuracy of the warranty and representation
set out in Condition 8.2; or (b) breach of the covenant set out in Condition 8.3.
/ 8. Changing these conditions
- We reserve the right to change these Conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon our
posting of such updated terms on the Website or the amended policies or supplemental terms on the
applicable Service. Your continued access or use of the Services after such posting constitutes your
consent to be bound by these Conditions, as amended.
- You understand and agree that your use of the Website and Services after the date on which these
Conditions changed will be treated as acceptance of the updated Conditions.